Listen to the article

0:00
0:00

The White House has forcefully rejected reports that President Donald Trump is considering the dismissal of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem, calling such claims “total Fake News” in a statement released Monday.

The denial came in response to an article published by MS Now that alleged Noem was on “very thin ice” and could face removal as early as January. According to the report, White House deputy chief of staff Stephen Miller was said to be spearheading efforts to replace her.

“Secretary Noem is doing a great job implementing the President’s agenda and making America safe again,” White House spokeswoman Abigail Jackson said in the statement. “MS Now continues to beclown themselves by inventing narratives that simply are not true.”

The MS Now report claimed unnamed White House officials were dissatisfied with Noem’s pace in expanding detention facilities. It also alleged that several governors had complained about inadequate federal response to natural disasters in their states under her leadership. The article suggested that outgoing Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin was being considered as a potential replacement.

The timing of the rumored discord comes just a week after Noem publicly backed President Trump’s proposed sweeping travel restrictions targeting more than 30 countries. In a Fox News interview, Noem confirmed the extensive scope of the planned bans while noting that the president was “continuing to evaluate countries” for inclusion.

Noem has positioned herself as a hardline enforcer of Trump’s immigration agenda, recently making headlines with strong rhetoric against certain immigrants. “I just met with the President. I am recommending a full travel ban on every d— country that’s been flooding our nation with killers, leeches, and entitlement junkies,” she stated.

Her comments reflected the administration’s tough stance on immigration, with Noem claiming that some immigrants pose threats to public safety and drain resources intended for American citizens. “Our forefathers built this nation on blood, sweat, and the unyielding love of freedom—not for foreign invaders to slaughter our heroes, suck dry our hard-earned tax dollars, or snatch the benefits owed to AMERICANS,” she declared.

The Department of Homeland Security under Noem’s leadership has been central to implementing Trump’s immigration policies, which have included intensified enforcement actions across the country. The administration has made immigration control a cornerstone of its agenda, with expanded detention facilities and deportation operations becoming increasingly visible.

The pushback against the MS Now report represents another instance of tension between the Trump administration and media outlets. The White House has frequently accused news organizations of publishing inaccurate information about internal affairs and policy decisions.

Noem, who previously served as governor of South Dakota, has been a key figure in the Trump administration’s national security apparatus since her appointment. Beyond immigration matters, she recently made headlines for announcing an Arctic defense pact with Canada and Finland designed to counter rival powers in the strategically important region.

As the administration moves forward with its agenda, Noem appears to remain secure in her position despite the rumors. The White House’s emphatic denial suggests that, at least publicly, she continues to have the president’s confidence in executing his homeland security priorities.

The administration’s immigration policies continue to generate controversy, particularly in traditionally Democratic strongholds. In Oregon, Democratic officials have reportedly expressed outrage over plans for a new Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility near Portland, highlighting the ongoing political divisions surrounding the administration’s approach to immigration enforcement.

Fact Checker

Verify the accuracy of this article using The Disinformation Commission analysis and real-time sources.

9 Comments

  1. The administration’s vehement denial is interesting. While unsubstantiated rumors should be viewed skeptically, the White House’s forceful pushback suggests there may be more to this story than meets the eye. I’ll be keeping an eye out for any further updates on Noem’s standing.

  2. Elijah Hernandez on

    This seems like political noise rather than anything substantive. The White House’s forceful pushback indicates they are satisfied with Noem’s work implementing the administration’s agenda. Unless credible new information emerges, I doubt there will be any changes at DHS in the near future.

  3. Calling this ‘total Fake News’ is a pretty definitive response from the White House. They seem intent on swiftly shutting down any speculation about Noem’s future. Unless credible new information emerges, I doubt this particular rumor will gain much traction.

  4. While it’s possible this report is inaccurate, the White House’s forceful response indicates they are taking it seriously. Dismissing it as ‘total Fake News’ suggests they want to shut down any speculation about Noem’s future. Time will tell if this blows over or if there are further developments.

    • You make a fair point. The White House’s strong denial does imply they see this as a potentially damaging narrative that they want to quickly quash. Their language suggests they are not taking this lightly.

  5. Robert M. White on

    The White House’s strong denial of this report is notable. They seem keen to quash any suggestion of discord over Noem’s leadership of DHS. While unconfirmed rumors should be viewed cautiously, the administration’s forceful response indicates they take this seriously and want to put the issue to rest.

  6. Allegations of discord within the administration are common, but the White House’s swift denial suggests they want to nip this particular story in the bud. Unless more convincing evidence emerges, I’m inclined to take their word that Noem’s job is safe for now.

  7. Elijah Jackson on

    Dismissing this as ‘fake news’ is a strong reaction from the White House. They must be concerned about the potential impact of such rumors, even if they are unfounded. It will be interesting to see if Noem herself addresses the speculation in any way.

  8. Robert Martinez on

    Interesting. The White House’s swift denial of this report suggests they are taking it seriously and want to quash any rumors of Noem’s dismissal. It will be worth watching to see if this story develops further or if it remains just speculation.

Leave A Reply

A professional organisation dedicated to combating disinformation through cutting-edge research, advanced monitoring tools, and coordinated response strategies.

Company

Disinformation Commission LLC
30 N Gould ST STE R
Sheridan, WY 82801
USA

© 2026 Disinformation Commission LLC. All rights reserved.